MC Research Provocations identified in Phase Two
Organisational structures, Leadership, Governance #MCResearchArtsOrgs
- Organisational Roadmaps from Volunteer-led to Professional
- Innovative governance and leadership models
Rural & Remote Areas #MCResearchRural
- Toolkit on Arts & Culture in rural areas
- How to build sustainability in tourism
- How to instill a community of giving in rural areas
- How to move beyond seasonal, tourism-dominated nature by developing local audiences
- Land-based practices
Cultural planning & development #MCResearchCulturalPlan
- How to establish and operate a cultural hub
- How to integrate arts with other sectors (Health, Education, Poverty & Crime reduction)
- Case studies on the development of dedicated Indigenous creative hubs as well as multi-disciplinary creative hubs that house Indigenous arts organizations
- Developing national touring networks
Arts education #MCResearchArtsEdu
- New models for post-secondary and lifelong arts education
- Arts & artists in schools
- What successful marketing campaigns for physical activity or mental health might be applied to arts, culture and creativity?
- What techniques are being used to educate the public in different places about the importance of arts and culture?
- What mechanisms, stakeholders and research do we need to make change happen in a long-term basis?
- What can we learn from other sectors (Film, Music, Parks & Recreation…) in terms of making the case for the arts?
- Employee engagement through the arts
- Cultural diplomacy
- Social / cultural prescription
Cultural workforce & professional development #MCResearchArtsWorkers
- How can rural artists create environments where professional fees are expected?
- What is the logistics of establishing a minimum wage for artists and/or revising current fee schedules?
- Artists as frontline workers addressing local issues through arts for social change: working in mental health, addiction, correctional facilities, trauma, community living, seniors…
- How to build a thriving local economy for arts & culture workers
- How to establish and manage effective professional networks
- Teleworking in the cultural sector
- Monitoring changes in the socio-economic conditions of cultural workers
Funding & Policy #MCResearchArtsFunding
- How does Indigenous Art get funded?
- What are the policy frameworks and mechanisms that shape funding decisions, especially regarding Indigenous arts?
- International examples of creating and delivering arts policies
- How do we create our own funding program?
- Revenue generation through social enterprise
- Leveraging partnered micro-financing (for operations, innovative work, special projects, etc.)
Impact & Measurement #MCResearchArtsImpact
- How do we articulate our stories and the value of our work in ways that resonate?
- Economic impact of the arts
- Social impact of the arts
- Cultural workforce data
Audience Development #MCResearchArtsOutreach
- Engaging young people / teenagers
- Reaching out to 20-30 year olds
- Developing audiences in conservative / traditional communities
- Arts and culture in relation to broader social priorities: vulnerable and equity-seeking populations, local economic development and workforce development
- Inclusion, equity
- Access to and participation in culture
- Affordable housing for artists
- Creativity & Wellbeing
Creative & Public Spaces #MCResearchSpace #MCResearchCreativeSpace #MCResearchPublicSpace
- Mapping of creative spaces
- Ownership is varied
- Rural vs city
- Affordability (affordable quality space)
- Models of shared/community space
- Meanwhile spaces
- issue of zoning
- Social return on investment
- Public & private owned properties
- Faith spaces & research re: how they’re going to be used
- Whose space is it? Do you feel invited?
- Flexibility of spaces
- Inclusivity of spaces
- Intersectionality to meet needs of other groups